9.11.08

jeg vil elske deg til evig tid


Despite the serious fucking pandemonium and confusion that is my brain/inner thoughts, life has been pretty sunshine-y as of late. Tuesday and the following few days were pretty incredible, of course. The feelings of awe towards us Americans at the bar as we watched the results were completely new for me, but it was nice. Friday night was happy hour at my new favorite place, Cafe des 2 Moulins (yes, coincidentally where much of Amelie was filmed.) By "happy hour," I mean us running in seven minutes before 22h and ordering eight beers and two glasses of wine for the three of us there. We drank, ate popcorn, talked about flag-burning and vagina dentata.
Yesterday was sleeping until 2, reading all day, a Norwegian feast, Fargo, beer, the Office. It was the second Saturday in a row we've "accidentally" watched so many episodes that everybody misses the metro and we all fall asleep in a pile on my bed. Not exactly the kind of sleepover I want to be having (Emmanuel, reviens de la Suisse, déja!) but this might be better. Who am I kidding? Not at all but better than sleeping alone and listen to the colombianos do it.

Tomorrow is my petit voyage to Strasbourg (!). I already know I am going to fall in love with that city and be more confused about life. Thanks, Europe. Tuesday is who knows, next weekend is Sigur Ros, November is going too fast and soon I'll be in America. My feelings about that have been mostly of panic and depression. Not for being in Wisconsin, and home exactly...just not being in Europe. Didn't I just get here? I did. What about all of the things I was going to do...sometime? When will I do them? When is the next time I'll come back? I'm worried about how quickly French will slide out of my brain. I'm worried about not being surrounded by people at all time, not being in a city where things happen. Not riding the métro, not pushing through crowds, not seeing the Sacré Coeur when I step out my apartment to go to the boulangerie. Yeah, original I know.
Obama and Fargo are helping me to accept all of this though, I'm pleased to say. Give me some cheddar cheese and I might actually start to get excited. Maybe. not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) You so better be a writer because if you don't I will seriously take all this stuff from you a publish it myself. (Not really...but you get my jist).

2) I'm seriously STOKED that you go to the Amelie cafe!!! That is SO cool. I heart that movie.

3) Can't wait until I see your lovely face again.

~You know who this is anyway.